Deborah Kris had an article in The Washington Post last week on the importance for teens to get enough sleep. The thing is, sleep isn’t just important for teens! More and more research is being done on the impact of sleep deprivation across all age categories.
We’ve all experienced periodic lack of sleep and you know the feeling.
- Your cognitive functioning is impaired.
- It’s hard to focus, to concentrate.
- Your body feels heavy, achey, and clumsy.
- You feel grumpy and might have head spins and negative thoughts.
- You feel more sensitive and impatient.
One teen in a recent study summed it up beautifully: “When I don’t get enough sleep, everything is harder.” Continue reading