If you’re having trouble getting traction on your organizational goals, it may be time to take a step away from your work, take a deep breath, and look for root causes.
Here are a few questions to ask yourself.
- Do I really want to get organized? Or do I just like the idea of it and secretly prefer chaos!
- Am I getting enough sleep?
- Am I eating well – leaving me with high energy and a clear head?
- Am I trying to get something done that truly engages me?
- Have I taken on more work than I can possibly manage well?
- If so, can I delegate some work?
- Can I eliminate some work?
- Can I re-negotiate timing to get some stuff done later?
- Have I honestly taken the necessary organizational first steps of:
- Clearing everything out of my head
- Getting all of those thoughts down on paper
- Taking the time to prioritize first steps on a new path?
- Am I working in a space that allows me to concentrate?
- Do I have a good support network of family and friends who like it when I get things done v. teasing me about my new efforts?
- Have I figured out how to incorporate quiet time into my day to help me hear my own good advice about how to get my work done?
- Do I have a system in place, like working with a planner, that helps me get organized on a regular basis?
Getting organized isn’t easy. It takes time, and focus, and intent. But the payoff is huge when you get to the work you really want to do. You do it really well. And you feel really good as you channel the highest waves of energy.
I’ll leave you today with a couple of whale rocks from the Botanical Gardens in Boothbay, ME. These whales emerge from the concrete and spout periodically as you pass by. Joy 🙂
3 thoughts on “Still not organized?”
Thanks Janie! Had been thinking of you this morning after reading an article about Maine. This is perfect for my org tackles today! Great to see you here! Happy Monday to YOU!
Come back to Maine to visit, please!! 🙂
I’m sort of like a whale who spouts occasionally. . .thanks for your message and image. I’ll get to work now!