If you’re feeling out of sorts and a big project is too much to focus on, try fixing a small thing to boost your energy.
Here are a few energy boosters that work for me:
- Watering my plants and little seedlings, checking their soil and trimming off any dead leaves or wilted flowers.
- Cleaning off a tabletop.
- Cleaning out a cabinet.
- Moving a throw rug to a new place.
- Getting rid of a chipped dish.
- Making something pretty out of something functional.
- Moving a chair, table, or plant stand that blocks a view.
- Making my bed.
- Sitting quietly with a cat on my lap.
- Calling my mom or one of my girls.
- Taking a hot bath.
- Doing a short meditation.
- Getting a good night’s sleep and starting fresh the next day.
Each of these takes focus but doesn’t take a lot of time or energy. We can’t always be productive and when you’re feeling a little off it’s important to note that, accept it, take a big breath, and be ready to surge again when your body tells you it’s time.
Happy Memorial Day weekend!
We had a plain old piece of plywood we were using as a dog gate to give the cats some upstairs privacy from Miss Grace. I decided to pretty it up, and the gate is now blooming quite nicely 🙂