My Artist’s Way task for the week is to do one lovely thing each day.
- I love this for the simplicity: it’s just one thing.
- I love it for the lightness: this isn’t one ground-breaking, thought-provoking, change-the-world thing – it’s just a “lovely” thing.
- I love it because it feels kind.
- I love it because it’s creative – what will I come up with for 7 lovely things over the course of the week?
- I love it because each day is a deadline.
When you’re trying to do great work and keep organized, it’s important to remember to take care of yourself. Sometimes that means getting more sleep. Or changing what you eat. Or taking a walk. But it also means taking care of the you that’s tucked away inside.
What lovely think can you do for yourself today? And wouldn’t it be fun if this becomes a daily habit? 🙂
Here’s my sister’s lovely thing from yesterday. She works at the Botanical Gardens in Atlanta and just walking to and from her car is lovely! Thanks for sharing this, Karen! This shot makes my heart sing.
Want to see other posts on this blog? There’s a small link below to the left that will take you to the most recent post. Or check out the column on the right to see what other folks are reading. Please try the “search” box at the top of the page if you’re looking for something specific.
If you’re reading this on your phone, all of that is below.
I welcome your thoughts and suggestions for future posts!